Monday, November 25, 2013

Little Leach

Ashlynn,

My sweet, precocious little leach. It's been a year, a year since I last held your hand, gently brushed your hair, and said my goodbye. I think about you all the time, when I see your school picture smiling at me from my bulletin board, when I pass by the Girl Scout Center, and, most of all, as I sat in the oncology wing with my mom this fall.

Ashlynn, I am so grateful that I had the honor and opportunity to know and love you, to dance around, laugh, and experience life with you. You inspire me to daily, to keep moving forward, to keep fighting. Without having known you, without witnessing your courage, strength, resiliency, I don't know where I would be today. With all that has happened over this past year that you've been gone, I know that you're still with me, with all of those that you loved, and providing us all with the strength to continue on in the face of every challenge that we face in our lives.

Thank you Ashlynn, thank you for being you and letting me be a part of your life, even if for just a short period of time.

We miss you.

Love,

Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment