Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mrow?

I know, I know, it's been a while!

I really need to work on keeping this blog up-to-date on all of our activities... so far that goal amounts to one big FAIL for the year. So, I'm going to change that But first, let me give you a quick run-down of all the events since the last time I wrote in here.

As of February it appears that I'm headed down to Portland State come September! I got a department graduate assistantship, which means free school! I'm okay with that :) Brian and I are headed down to Portland in a couple weeks to take a look at potential apartments and figure out my living situation.

 I hope that we get a chance to take a tour of the campus, maybe go and poke around in the Sociology Department a bit, and, most of all, explore Portland! This will Brian's first trip to Portland, aside from driving through it a couple of times, so it will be fun to explore and get to know that city with him. I'm thinking that some stops at a few breweries is definitely on the agenda.

Other than that, things have been pretty quiet around here. The cats mrowser their way into trouble on a daily basis. We keep putting their toys back into the Costco box turned toy box and, inevitably, by the end of the day they have gotten in there and pulled out their favorite toys, sometimes along with old favorites they haven't played with in  a while.

IMAG0590.jpg
Of course, for the past two months, Hank's favorite toy has been an old paper bag from the liquor store that we crumpled up into a ball. Whenever anyone so much as touches that paper ball, he comes running across the room, sometimes skidding to across the tile in the kitchen to our feet.

Earlier today as I attempted to throw it for him, he figured out the perfect opportunity to steal it from me before I threw it. I as standing at the stairs, ready to throw it towards the dining room, when all of a sudden I was standing there without the ball. Hanklin snuck up the stairs while I teased him with fake shot attempts and grabbed the ball when my hand went back to throw, and gave me a pretty satisfied look when I realized what happened.

I'm pretty sure the day that bag eventually gets thrown out is going to seem like the end of the world to Hanklin. Which, of course, means another trip to the liquor store to buy something so we can make him another toy. Or just because our liquor supply keeps dwindling at an alarming rate. ;)

Well, that's all for now.

Happy mrowering!

No comments:

Post a Comment